Keeping Up With The World



I find calm in living my life at my own pace as against to the pace of the world. Honestly, I cannot keep up and it is absolutely OKAY.

Social media is a mirror to what is happening around us and how fast the world is changing. There is something new every day that tells us how our lives do not measure up to the lives of others. Every single post on social media makes you want to compare your lives with the lives of your peers. Sometimes even a picture of a new born baby makes you cringe and you realise that ‘you’re not there yet'.

With everything that is going on, including the Indian National Rupee falling so low, do we need the extra stress of cringing at our own lives? We blame the Kardashians for ushering in an abominable era of reality TV into our living rooms but we do not realise that we are in a rat race called ‘keeping up with the world’ where every ‘full stop’ we type on social media matters.

We are living in a world where we are striking things off our list without planning for them because others got there first and we need to catch up if we want to be worthy of being paid any attention to. I see posts about babies being born, houses being bought, engagements and weddings and so much more information that I do not need to concern myself with. I would like to believe that I am comfortable enough in my skin to let the water run-off it instead of drenching me.

Living life on my own pace, striking off important events off my list in my own time, without competing with others or generating competition has helped me to not keep up with the world. My lifestyle according to the world does not exist. I relish its non-existence because only I know how calm and enjoyable it is. Keeping up with the world versus living a life, which one would you chose?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

Novels Into Movies!

Africa