Her Blood is Her Poison


On valentine's day while the whole world was celebrating love I was in the waiting room of a hospital waiting for my turn to come. One lady walked in, a very familiar face. She turned out to be my mother's old neigbour's daughter and I remember sleeping in her lap when I was very little. She came in with her one year old daughter. The problem was in the child. She is allergic to her own blood. Her blood is her poison. I can't imagine how difficult it might be for the parents to keep their child alive. They change her blood every week. Its just impossible to imagine how the child suffers. I don't know why I'm writing about her but I thought I'd share it. 

All of us worry about so many things. Small things such as missing the train in the morning. Getting late to office again missing the bus in the evening. Such little things that don't really matter or rather things that are of no real consequence. They are so many lives out there that are not as blessed as mine. When I compared my health to the child I was ashamed of worrying about myself. 

I went home and watched "Finding Nemo". One amazing movie which makes a lot of sense to me. Now that's love. That movie defines love for me in all entirety. If a biological father can love his son so much that he would go to any extent to get his son back, how much more God would do? How deep is His love?

I believe in God and I know that he loves me like nobody else does. The healthy life he has given me is a proof of his love and a proof that I'm lucky. 

Not sure this article makes any sense but I needed to tell this story. 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

Novels Into Movies!

Africa