Break Up Letter to The UPA (Govt of India)


Okay so petrol got a hike, congratulations petrol! And I’m still waiting for mine!

Darn UPA! You can’t control the fall of the Rupee, can’t control inflation! On the whole I pay 56% of my yearly income as tax (yes I’m including the tax I pay at every place I eat and everything I buy) and what am I getting in return? Nothing!! Instead the petrol gets a hike on my expense!

UPA, you have taken all my money and when I’m not sure where it goes, the media reveals it to me through their ‘breaking news’ about your multi Crore Rupees scams and suddenly it all makes sense and I go ‘Oh so that’s where the Rs. 22/- tax I paid went when I purchased a veg pasta at Domino’s!’ And many more such revelations come out of the closet each day. But since this balances my account books, it should make me happy right? After all I know where my money is. But it doesn’t make me happy. It makes me very very very very angry!

Congress, you the eldest brother in the UPA, the only reason I voted for you during the last elections is because I do not want BJP to come in power. I have a constant fear that if BJP comes into power, what happened in Gujarat in 2002 will occur in the whole country and I really do not want to be ‘burnt alive’ for being from the minorities section of the country. I can’t allow the Communist parties to win either as I love my democratic freedom way too dearly.

As it is the time for appraisals, and UPA, if I was your reviewer (according to the Constitution of India, I am!) I would give you the least rating and make sure you’re fired! But since I cannot accept BJP or any other party in your place, instead of firing you, I will resign. It was a big mistake voting for you! I elected you and you have brought nothing but embarrassment to me which is traumatic enough to make me want to quit.

I have decided that I will pay a government which lives up to my expectation even b y 10% the required tax. Yes, you have understood it correctly; I will leave the country because I can no longer endure what you do to my savings account, to the development of this country and to my psyche as a citizen. There are millions who think on the same lines as I do. So UPA don’t you dare complain about brain drain! You had your chance and it’s officially over between us!

Just like an estranged lover, I now no longer want to see you or hear from you. But I need thank you for making me so rich! Rich because I can afford petrol and you are lowly beggar living on my charity! I don’t need someone or something like you in my life anymore so goodbye you dimwit! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

Novels Into Movies!

Africa