Asking Questions Is Not Trouble Making

There are two types of people in the world. The one type knows that questions help us understand the aspects of our life better. The second type takes offence when a question is asked. They see a question as a challenge and their egotistical nature does not allow them to see the real purpose of the question. These second type of people, my friends, are those who will brand you as a ‘trouble-maker’, ‘mischief-maker’, ‘problem-person’, ‘insubordinate’ and more as soon as you ask a question. They will call you all the ugly things you’re not and make sure this is exactly what others think of you too. So basically, these people will assassinate your character to the best of their abilities to be proven right and to experience that elusive ‘aha’ moment.

I have had the misfortune to have been branded a ‘trouble-maker’ by such people. I suffered with that stereotype for several months but it hasn’t stopped me from asking questions. I wholeheartedly encourage you to ask questions because questions bring things into perspective, they make sure there are no communication gaps and they are the only way to clear confusion. If you have come across someone who has responded to your simple questions aggressively, please know that the person feels challenged in some way. Their first reaction to a question is ‘what does she want to know’, second is ‘why does she want to know’ and if the questions persists their mind asks them a rather egotistical question, which is ‘how dare she?’

Asking questions is not trouble making. It is my way of understanding the aspects of my life fully in order to be prepared at all times. Whether I ask questions about my taxes or I want to know the recipe of chicken curry, it is only to understand what am I to do to succeed. Similarly at work, my questions make me understand what is expected of me, which helps me complete my tasks on time.

Terming a woman a ‘trouble-maker’ just because she asks questions is not right and not fair. Now that misogyny has trumped, we may experience darker days. Nevertheless, I would still say ask away; ask as many questions as you want, about whatever you want, to whoever you want because questions are the only thing that tell you at the end of the day that you have lived well, you have lived right and tomorrow there is every chance that the Sun may shine brighter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

Novels Into Movies!

Africa