Not Proud Of This Pride

The big news over the weekend was USA legalising same sex marriages and the big news yesterday was about 500 people being killed/injured in a water park in Taiwan. Some sources state it was a gay pride event and some say it was a colour play event.

Gay or straight, people are people and any accident of this level is simply tragic. Social media brings out the worse in us and is right now bringing out the ugliness of the hearts of religious fanatics. I am a Christian too but I believe in not judging people instead of persecuting them for who they are and the things they do.

I am seeing pastors, worship leaders, regular church goers writing demeaning things about these people who were killed and injured. These so called ‘burdened hearts’ are also getting countless likes for the irresponsible religious articles they are sharing about the tragedy. This is just too disturbing.

They are writing things such as ‘God’s wrath’; ’Biblical justice’ and what not! I do not understand this. Instead of praying for the healing of these people we are using this accident to demonstrate God’s anger. Why not use peaceful and healing words to demonstrate God’s love?

I believe God loves everyone equally, gay or straight. I believe God forgives and heals equally and I also believe God’s love is over powering and He will not stoop down to human level to show anger. These insensitive articles show us how well we misunderstand God and how little we value the lives of other humans. I have to say I am not proud of this self-righteous pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

Novels Into Movies!

Africa