My distressing Meru Cabs experience


I am a frequent user of Meru cabs in Hyderabad. At times I choose them over the more economical Uber and Ola services. Due to the non-stop rains in Hyderabad, I choose to book a Meru to go from Nagaram to Hitec city at 6:10 AM, which is a 34 kms route. Firstly the driver came 5 minutes late and I didn’t complain, like I usually don’t. On the route, he wasn’t just driving fast, he was also arguing with other vehicle drivers who were driving slowly on potholes filled roads. At Trimulgherry junction I asked the driver to take the left towards Paradise but he insisted that the Kukatpally route was faster. I begged him to go on the route I was asking him to take because I was getting late for work. He wasn’t listening so I let it go.

At Trimulgherry junction, we waited for the traffic lights to go green for three minutes and I asked the driver once again to go my way. At this point he started shouting at me. If anyone knows me, they know I have very low tolerance for misbehavior, incompetence and utter nonsense. I asked him not to shout, I asked him why he was shouting, after not getting a sane answer from him I said I will get off the vehicle, to which his reply was “get off”. I reminded him I will not pay if I get off and again he said “get off” so I got off.

After I got off, I immediately booked an Uber cab. To my luck the ETA showed 3 minutes. Those three minutes were hell for me. The Meru driver not only stalked me at the petrol station at Trimulgherry X Roads but also humiliated me by calling me “chindi chor”. By this time Meru’s call centre called me to find out what the problem was. Instead of asking me if they can help me with another cab, they said I must pay and follow regulations. I called them out on their crap and cut the call. 

Thankfully the Uber vehicle arrived just then. I promptly got in and to my chagrin, the Meru driver obstructed my way by not letting me close the door of the Uber cab. I was physically struggling with him to close the door and gave up saying “fine keep holding the door but I won’t pay to get treated badly” and only then did the Meru driver let go. He had to have the last word and called me a “chindi chor” again.

I have not heard from Meru since then, neither to ask if I was okay, nor to offer me another vehicle nor to apologise. The following are the Meru vehicle details:
Cab No: TS08UA1215
Chauffer: Raghupathy
Cell No: 9848596702


The Uber driver saw how shaken I was and offered me water to help me calm down. Meru, what are you going to do about this? How are you going to help me calm down?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

Novels Into Movies!

Africa