Graves Not So Grave

Yesterday was All Soul's Day and I always go to the graveyard where my ancestors are buried to lay flowers on their graves. The newest addition being my Dad's grave. But I'm not going to write about something grave and sad. The graveyard or cemetary where my folks are buried is an ancient one. Every time I take a round in the cemetary I'm amazed (by the way I've been doing this since I was three years old). The old graves are so beautiful and magnificient. Most of them are the graves of Britishers. There is a grave of a certain Mr. James Macphearson next to my grandfather's grave. It has a magnificient Cross and an Angel clinging to the  Cross. Sheer beauty in marble. A bit farther away is the grave of a certain Mrs. Florence Hilliers. She must've been a beautiful woman as her grave has her own statue holding a wreathe standing on it. Brilliant piece of art! 

But alas! There is no one who lays flowers on these beautiful graves. I and my sisters always take extra flowers to put them on the graves of these forgotten Britishers and its sad to see that they all had died young below the age of 40.

The oldest grave that I've come across till date is of a Captain Woodhunter. This grave was built in the year 1710 and is still standing straight. Amazing isn't it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

Novels Into Movies!

Africa